ADHD - Cognitive Development Learning Centre
Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- ADHD is related to abnormalities in brain functioning and development.
- Other factors that may affect brains functioning and development:
- Genetic factors
- ADHD is a common behavioural disorder that affects 5% of school age children.
- ADHD impairs a child’s ability in terms of
How do you know if your child has ADHD?
- the child fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
- the child often avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort
- the child is often continuously interrupting people
- the child often has difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activity
- the child often has difficulty awaiting turn