We are looking for Speech Language Pathologist who are keen to work on a full/part/contract basis. This is a home-based or Centre Based job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnosing clients:
- Communicate with clients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a client complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Treating clients:
- Teach clients how to make sounds and improve their voices
- Work with clients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with clients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Speech-language pathologists must also complete administrative tasks which includes:
- Record their initial client evaluations and diagnoses, treatment progress, any changes in a client’s condition or treatment plan,
- Final evaluation when the client finishes the therapy.
- Coaching parents to support clients at home.
Qualification / Experience
- Master degree in Speech pathologist or related qualification
- Registrable qualification in Speech Therapy with the Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC) is required
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience
- Experience working with children especially with Autism will be an advantage
Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Contract, Commission